Sunday 3 July 2011

Raw Caramel Apples!

Easily the best way to eat an apple ever!



Caramel:
Dates (soaked)
Cashews (soaked)
Cinnamon
Nutmeg
Agave Nectar

Toppings:
Almonds (ground)
Cocoa Powder
Shredded Coconut

***To make real good caramel I let my dates soak overnight so they are really soft by the time I use them. I always recommend buying fresh, organic dates. They taste the best and are easiest to use in raw recipes.

Blend together all of your caramel ingredients, taste often to know if you need to adjust your measurements. Once the caramel taste good put it in the fridge to thicken while you prep your toppings. To assemble the apples, I spear mine with chop sticks. Roll your apples in your caramel sauce then sprinkle with your favourite toppings. Be generous!

-Little Jo Berry

No comments:

Post a Comment