Wednesday 27 July 2011

Mint Chocolate Truffles

Actually ate the first batch before I took any photos. So I had to make them again, what a shame! :)



 

Filling:
Cashews (finely ground)
Cacao Powder
Coconut Butter
Agave Nectar
Fresh Mint
Sea Salt

Blend all of your filling ingredients until they are really thick and sticky, let cool in the fridge so it thickens even more. When chilled, roll into little balls.


Chocolate Coating:
Coconut Butter
Cacao Butter
Cacao Powder
Agave Nectar
Sea Salt


To melt the butters I heated some water and then sat a mixing bowl with the butters in it over the hot water. I use a thermometer to make sure my butter did not heat over a certain heat. When melted I stirred in the rest of my ingredients. Now you can spear your filling balls with a toothpick and use that to help coat them in your chocolate. Let your truffles chill before eating, if you can.
And for music:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7nD1T7mjp8

-Little Jo Berry

No comments:

Post a Comment